SFI Research Centre for AI-driven Digital Content Technology
ADAPT, the world-leading SFI Research Centre for AI-driven Digital Content Technology combines the expertise of researchers at seven higher education institutions with that of industry partners to produce ground-breaking innovation in digital content that is revolutionising the way people interact with content, systems and each other. ADAPT’s research aims to “empower people for deeper engagement in a digital world” by enabling seamless technology-mediated interaction and communication.
ADAPT is pioneering new techniques and technologies in Content Analytics and Knowledge Extraction, Intelligent Machine Translation & Enhanced Human Translation, Dynamic Personalised Digital Media Discovery, Recomposition, and Interaction, Multimodal Engagement, and the Management of Data Quality, Privacy and Ethics in content processing.
Our AI-powered analysis techniques allow more powerful tailored access to customer and community insights
- ADAPT is pushing the boundaries of human speech and gesture recognition to increase the accuracy of robotic interpretation
- We extend the effectiveness of all the MT system types across a wide range of languages and domains to break down communications barriers.
- ADAPT research is transforming and delivering personalised content
- Our Machine Learning models enable the analysis of complex data such as financial data sets giving accurate results on large scale data sets
- ADAPT’s technology facilitates the recognition of relationships between multi-dimensional data sets by providing new ways to interpret, interact with and gain insights from data.
- ADAPT’s applications of ethics and standards technologies empower individuals to navigate new engagement channels with confidence through visibility and control of their personal data.
Many of ADAPT’s 300 researchers collaborate on research projects with industry partners. The current projects include:
- Next Generation Recommender Systems – A Collaborative, Contextual, and Content-Based Recommender
- AI-Powered Video Discovery and Engagement - Leveraging knowledge graphs for semantic video summarisation
- AI Environment Mapping and Modelling - Discovery and geotagging of assets in street-level imagery
- Dialogue Machine Translation - Building Realtime, task-oriented dialogue translation systems
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) – to drive innovation and automation in data governance platforms
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- University College Dublin
- Technological University Dublin
- Maynooth University
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Munster Technological University
- University of Galway
Industry and Commercialisation
By enabling deeper engagement for users, ADAPT enhances efficiencies and global reach for a range of industry partners in industries such as ICT, localisation, financial services, eCommerce, eHealth, media, entertainment and games, life sciences, digital culture and humanities, and eLearning/education.
- Multidisciplinary collaboration
- Machine learning for media and content analytics
- Content-aware multilingual search and discovery technologies
- State-of-the-art interactive information retrieval and meta-data semantics models
- World-leading language technology systems
- Personalisation and delivery applications for textual and multi-modal content
- Graphics animation (AR/VR)
- Visual Computing
- Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web
- Dedicated Design & Innovation Lab (dLab) aims to solve immediate business needs by leveraging the outputs of platform research to generate commercial impact for ADAPT partners
Education and Public Engagement
ADAPT is dedicated to delivering an impactful programme of education and public engagement (EPE) under the theme of ‘Engaging in Our Digital World’. ADAPT’s EPE programme aims to empower the Irish public to engage fully in our rapidly evolving digital landscape and to foster an interest in, knowledge of, and appreciation for the emerging technologies driving change in digital media and technology.
Key Contact Details
Prof Vincent P Wade
Prof Andy Way
Executive Director of Commercialisation